My friend Tonia at All American Mommy has tagged me!
So here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you
Post these rules in your blog
Write 5 random things about yourself
Tag 5 random people and link to them in the bottom of your post
Let each person know they’ve been tagged
So here are my 5 random things:
1. When I was in 8th grade, I tried to pierce my own belly button… With a safety pin! I managed to get through all layers of skin and some flesh, but it got crazy infected. The infection literally ate through my skin until it fell out. I know, gross huh? I have the scar to remind me how stupid I was.
2. Growing up, I wanted to be a Marine Biologist… Until I realized that was not a job I could do and still live here in the good ol’ desert. My next choice… I wanted to be a stay at home mommy. And now I’m livin’ the dream! I always said I wanted 3 kids, and that’s exactly what I’ve got. But now, I can honestly say if we could put aside money (and sanity, but who needs that?), I’d be the mom who drives around her 10 kids in the 15 passenger van. I love my kids! I love that they’re all a part of me, yet each unique in their own way. It would be amazing to see what 10 other little Jacobsen’s would look like and what their personalities would be! I know, I’m crazy. Hoping we’ll soon have just one more!
3. Most of my closest friends are related to me! My mom and I are almost inseperable. My parents went through a divorce when I was still in elementary school, and when my brother was 13 he went to live with my dad, so it was just mom and me. We bonded and have been close ever since. The others are cousins, and my aunt, who is only 12 years older than I am. My 3 bridesmaids at my wedding…??? Cousin, aunt, cousin. I love my family!!
4. I hate my nose. HATE it! It’s long and thin… and long. I’m sure at some point in your life you’ve been asked, “If there was one thing you could change about your body, what would it be?”. I’ve always said my nose. I’ll keep my large thighs (it runs in the family), my crooked teeth (although that would be #2 on the list), my curly, frizzy hair, and these extra few pounds (thanks kids!)… Just fix the nose. (Great, now you’ll really notice all my flaws!) I seriously shudder when I see my profile. But then I have to remind myself that I was made in God’s image, and he thinks I am beautiful (and thankfully I have a hubby and parents who think so too!), even with “the schnoz”. And not to forget, someday when I see Him in Heaven (here’s hoping!), he’ll give me a new, perfect body (although by then I won’t care, huh?).
5. My new junk food obsession is the Reeses BIG CUP Peanut Butter Cups. Seriously, they are DE-LISH! Too bad they aren’t fat free, calorie free, sugar free…! That reminds me, I think I have one in the fridge right now! Woot! Better tag some great girls so I can get to snackin’!
OK, to continue this fun game of tag…
Can’t wait to see your random facts!!