I used to be the type of girl to buy the cheap sunglasses from department stores. I could see what I was getting, and if I lost them or broke them, it wasn’t any big deal. I never even considered buying sunglasses online.
When my husband and I started dating, he took me to buy a pair of expensive sunglasses, assuring me it would be worth it. I spent $65 on them, and about had a heart attack. But I loved them, and when they broke I was totally bummed.
I haven’t bought an expensive pair since, mostly because I can’t justify spending so much money on sunglasses. But generally you get what you pay for. Case in point: Recently I spent $5 on a pair of sunglasses I found at the mall. I loved them, and loved the price even more. They were broken within weeks, leaving me without sunglasses and out some pocket cash.
I hadn’t replaced them yet, so when I was offered a pair to review from Sunglass Warehouse I was thrilled! There are so many different styles to choose from, like mirrored sunglasses, oversized sunglasses, and even motorcycle sunglasses!
I have a long, thin face, and choosing the right style for my face can be tough. I looked through the selection and chose a style that resembled styles I have worn in the past.
It wasn’t until after the sunglasses were on their way to me that I noticed the pages on choosing sunglasses for your face shape and choosing sunglasses based on your skin tone. What an awesome resource for those unsure of what to get!
So how did I like the style I chose? I LOVE them! Not only are they a great style, but I am impressed with the quality as well. It’s such a relief to know that I can get a great pair of sunglasses that I know will last me, and all for a price I can afford!
Aside from great style and price, Sunglass Warehouse also has another great feature in many of their sunglasses: UV protection. Did you know that it is just as important to protect your eyes from UV rays as it is to protect your skin? When your eye’s lens becomes damaged, it doesn’t repair itself like other parts of your body. Cells and proteins that get damaged will never be replaced, and over time, the damage to your lens may lead to serious eye diseases or possibly loss of vision. Of course, this is a worst case scenario, but it doesn’t make it any less important! Many different styles offered at Sunglass Warehouse-including the pair I chose- have UV400 protection, the highest protection you can get, blocking 100% of harmful rays!
Buy It: You can purchase the sunglasses I chose for $14.95.
Win it! Sunglass Warehouse is offering any pair of sunglasses- your choice! Contest is open to U.S. and Canada.
Mandatory entry: You must be a public follower of this blog to enter. Then head over to Sunglass Warehouse and tell me what you’d chose if you win. Please be sure to leave your email address so I have a way to contact you if you win!!
Extra entries (worth 1 entry unless stated otherwise):
1. Follow Sunglass Warehouse on twitter. Leave me your twitter ID so I can check!
2. “Like” Sunglass Warehouse on Facebook and let them know The Jacobsen Family sent you! Please leave me your Facebook name so I can check!
3. Publicly follow the Sunglass Warehouse blog!
4. Subscribe to my blog via email on left sidebar (2 entries)
5. “Like” The Jacobsen Family on Facebook. Please leave me your Facebook name so I can check! ! (3 entries)
6. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway (1 tweet per day). Please include @Sunglasswarehse and @JacobsenFamily in your tweet. Be sure to leave a link to your tweet! You may use the following if you’d like:
#Win your choice of sunglasses from @SunglassWarehse @JacobsenFamily http://tinyurl.com/42h3vel #giveaway Ends 4/24
7. Blog about this giveaway, linking back to this giveaway post and Sunglass Warehouse. (3 entries)
8. Add my button to your sidebar (you can find it on the left sidebar). Be sure to leave a link to your site so I can check!
9. Enter the Skin MD giveaway (2 entries)
10. Enter the CSN giveaway (2 entries)
11. Leave a new comment on any other post (unlimited entries)
This giveaway will be open until 04/24 at 11:59pm (MST). Winner will be chosen via random.org and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen.