We are a family that LOVES to read. Growing up, my mom loved to read to us and did so often, instilling in us a love of reading. Now as a mother myself, I love to read to my own children, and already see a love of reading in them as well. We love all sorts of books, but as a mother, I am always thrilled to find great books that teach my children a good moral lesson.
I was recently contacted by Bring It On! Communications and asked if I was interested in reviewing some Deep River Books. Of course we were!! We were sent 2 children’s books, The Rose Princess and the Special Gift by Mike de Vetter, and Pookster and the Unloose Tooth by Rhonda Funk, part of the Pookster and Bubs series of books.
I was very excited to read The Rose Princess and the Special Gift, as our homeschool curriculum had recently touched on the talents and gifts God gives us and the need for sharing them with others. My kids immediately made the comparison of the king and the gifts to God and the talents/gifts He gives us. They loved that the princess chose to give her gifts to help those in need, and this opened a discussion of gifts and talents we have, and how we can use them to help others in need.
Pookster and the Unloose Tooth is also a very fun, entertaining book! This book is about a girl, Pookster, who wants to lose her teeth so badly she prays that she will lose them. She is unwilling, however, to wait until her teeth (and God) are ready, and with the help of some dental floss, a door knob, and a big sister, takes care of it herself. Now all she wants is for her teeth to grow back in! This story teaches us the lesson of waiting on God and His perfect timing.
Win it! Bring It On! Communications is offering your choice of either The Rose Princess and The Special Gift OR Pookster and the Unloose Tooth! Contest is open to U.S.
Mandatory entry: Head over to the Deep River Bookstore and check out The Rose Princess and The Special Gift and Pookster and the Unloose Tooth books and then tell me which book you’d chose if you won. Please be sure to leave your email address so I have a way to contact you if you win!!
Extra entries (worth 1 entry unless stated otherwise):
1. Publicly follow this blog via GFC on left sidebar
2. Subscribe to my blog via email on left sidebar (2 entries)
3. “Like” The Jacobsen Family on Facebook. Please leave me your Facebook name so I can check! ! (2 entries)
4. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway (1 tweet per day). Be sure to leave a link to your tweet! You may use the following if you’d like:
Looking for a children’s book with a good message? #Win your choice @JacobsenFamily http://tinyurl.com/654ydtc #giveaway Ends 6/05
5. Add my button to your sidebar (you can find it on the left sidebar). Be sure to leave a link to your site so I can check!
6. Add the “A Birthday Event: For the Boys!” button to your sidebar (you can find it on the left sidebar). Be sure to leave a link to your site so I can check! Also, go to this post and leave the link there too, so you can gain extra entries into the event giveaways!
7. Leave a new comment on any other post (unlimited entries)
This giveaway will be open until 06/05 at 11:59pm (MST). Winner will be chosen via random.org and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen.