I’ve always been a bit icked out by the thought of all the germs I pick up when I’m out and about. Door handles, cart handles, bathrooms; it’s impossible to keep your hands off of them. Now that I’m a mom, I am even more icked out about germs! I know a healthy amount of germs is a good boost for our immune system, but I also want to help prevent sicknesses and nasties too.
To add to my disgust, it seems like more and more often I am seeing news stories on all the germs and unsanitary conditions in places we frequent; Kids play areas, parks, bathrooms, grocery stores, restaurants, you name it, they’ve covered it.
Making matters even worse, anytime we take a trip out, my kids have to “investigate” the bathroom. Whether I’ve made sure they went before we left the house or not, they insist they just HAVE to go. I despise public restrooms. Most are beyond disgusting, and somehow it’s in the worst bathrooms that my kids find the need to touch everything. I cringe just thinking about it.
Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes have become a staple since having kids. I carry them in my diaper bag, and use one or both most places we go.
However, I’ve seen reports on hand sanitizers being unsafe for children, as the alcohol in them can make a child sick if ingested. Seems like common sense, but we all know accidents happen. This hasn’t stopped me from using them, because the benefits far outweigh the risks, but it’s still something I keep in mind.
All of these concerns are far less now, however, since I’ve been introduced to Prefense! Prefense is alcohol-free, non-toxic, and one spray lasts you all day, even through hand washing- up to 10 hand washes before needing to reapply!
Prefense goes on as a foam, and soaks in quickly. It is alcohol free, so it doesn’t dry out your hands. Prefense contains moisturizing silica complex with soothing organic botanicals to prevent drying, redness and chapping, making it even better for your skin!
Prefense has a light, fresh scent rather than an overpowering alcohol scent. Even my 3 year old commented on it the very first time he used it, “Mmm, this smells good mom!”
I use this with my kids all of the time now. I know it is safe for them to use, and I love that one spray lasts all day! Now I know my kids are protected even when they insist on investigating every public restroom we encounter, whether at the beginning of the day or the end of the day. Not only that, but I also know I’m saving money by using Prefense. With a family of 6, we go through hand sanitizers quickly since we are always having to reapply. We have had Prefense for a couple of weeks now, and the 1.5oz bottle is still so full!
Just look at how Prefense compares with other hand sanitizers on the market:
In addition, the one daily dose of Prefense at $0.06 a day is far better than the $1.20 per day you’ll spend on other hand sanitizers, which require multiple daily doses!
Buy It: You can buy Prefense at their online store, $6.99 for the 1.5oz bottle, $16.99 for the 8oz bottle, or $6.99 for a container of hand sanitizing wipes. You can also check the store locator to find a location near you that sells Prefense!
Win it! Prefense wants to give you an 8oz bottle of their amazing hand sanitizer! That is 640 applications, a $16.99 value!!! Contest is open to U.S.
Mandatory entry: Just leave a comment letting me know why you want to win! Please be sure to leave your email address so I have a way to contact you if you win!!
Extra entries (worth 1 entry unless stated otherwise):
1. Follow Prefense on twitter. Leave me your twitter ID so I can check!
2. “Like” Prefense on Facebook and let them know The Jacobsen Family sent you! Please leave me your Facebook name so I can check!
3. Publicly follow this blog via GFC on left sidebar (2 entries)
4. Subscribe to my blog via email on left sidebar (2 entries)
5. “Like” The Jacobsen Family on Facebook. Please leave me your Facebook name so I can check! (3 entries)
6. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway (1 tweet per day). Please include @Prefense and @JacobsenFamily in your tweet. Be sure to leave a link to your tweet! You may use the following if you’d like:
Protect your family from germs ALL DAY with @Prefense hand sanitzer! #Win a bottle @JacobsenFamily http://tinyurl.com/3tq7yhr #giveaway 6/14
7. Add my button to your sidebar (you can find it on the left sidebar). Be sure to leave a link to your site so I can check!
8. Add the “A Birthday Event: For the Boys!” button to your sidebar (you can find it on the left sidebar). Be sure to leave a link to your site so I can check! Also, go to this post and leave the link there too, so you can gain extra entries into the event giveaways!
9. Enter the Children’s book giveaway (2 entries)
10. Leave a new comment on any other post (unlimited entries)
This giveaway will be open until 06/14 at 11:59pm (MST). Winner will be chosen via random.org and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen.
Sponsored by Tomoson.com