Banana Nut Bread
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs- beaten
- 2-3 large bananas-mashed (the riper, the better!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cinnamon chips (pictured in the photo above)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs, blend
- Add bananas, blend well
- Add baking soda, blend
- Add sour cream and blend well
- Add dry ingredients in two parts
- If desired, add optional ingredients and blend well
- Pour into a loaf pan (ungreased if teflon coated)
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then take out and cool on cookie sheet or rack.
This is my absolute favorite banana bread recipe. It is SO moist and tastes fabulous, of course! I especially love to heat it up for a few seconds in the microwave before I eat it. Add real butter and I’m in heaven!
I love having a great recipe to use when the bananas we have manage to get a little over-ripe. Often times the kids want to let a few of them “get yucky” so I can make banana bread.
Be sure and check out the other Fun with Food Friday recipe from host Mama Chocolate!