I have shared a lot about my family on here, but I don’t know how much I’ve really shared about my husband. I am so blessed to be married to such an amazing guy! Here are five reasons I love him so much:
1. He is thoughtful. Some days he’ll come home from work with a frappuccino in hand (he knows how much I love them) or with my favorite candy bar. Other times he’ll show up with a bouquet of fresh flowers with my favorite flower included in the bouquet- gerber daisies- like this bouquet from Interflora.co.uk!
Isn’t that gorgeous?! I’ll have to show him this site… Maybe next time I’ll be getting fresh flowers from Interflora!
2. He is a great father. It’s not rare to find him on the floor wrestling with our kids, in the garage fixing a broken bike, or out back on playing on the slip & slide with the kids. He isn’t afraid to change a diaper or comb our daughter’s hair. He’s quick to say “I love you”, pray with them and has amazing patience with them.
3. He helps around the house. Not only does he do the outside work, but he is great about helping inside too. Dishes, floors, windows… He does it all willingly. This is such a help for me, since we have 4 kids and I homeschool. As you can imagine, finding time to do everything myself is impossible. I know he works hard all day, so it’s awesome that he’s so willing to help out around the house when he’s not working. We make a great team.
4. Speaking of working… He takes AMAZING care of our family. There was a time when he was working for a horrible company and
hated loathed his job. He had a boss who was a mean, condescending man who made him and his co-workers miserable. To top it off, the company changed the way they paid their employees; They only got paid when there was work (he is a mechanic) and work was slooooow. Gary was barely making enough to support our family. He was actively searching for a new job but with the economy the way it was, a new job was hard to come by. He stuck it out even though he was becoming physically sick with the stress, and after many prayers God blessed him with a new job. I’ve always been so thankful to have a husband who is willing to do whatever he has to do to take care of us, and works hard so that I can stay at home with our kids.
5. Last but certainly not least, my husband is a godly man. He studies the scriptures and tries to live his life as God commands. He prays with our family, is in service to others, and shows by example the way a true man of God should live.
Of course I could find tons more reasons, but I have to stop somewhere!
I am SO blessed!