Remember the Ghost Buddy book review I shared a few months ago? After submitting my review, I was entered into a contest for a chance to win an exclusive interview with the authors, Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver. I was the lucky winner! I asked my friends, family, and YOU-my readers- what they’d want to ask, and here’s what we all came up with. A HUGE thank you to Mr. Winkler and Ms. Oliver for taking the time to answer these questions!
- How did you two meet, and what made you decide to write a book together?
- What made you decide to take up writing, and why children’s books?
- I’m aware that the Hank Zipzer series was based on Mr. Winkler’s struggles with dyslexia; where do you find your inspiration for Ghost Buddy?
- What was your favorite book when you were a child? Your favorite to read to your own children when they were little?
- What are your favorite things to do with your family?
- What is something you want people to know about you that most do not?
- Will the Ghost Buddy books be made into movies? (My kids have made this request, especially after seeing the YouTube trailer!)
- Do you have plans for another series of books in the future? Any teasers you want to share?
We love writing books together and as a matter of fact, we just completed the third book in the GHOST BUDDY series called HOW TO SCARE THE PANTS OFF YOUR PET, in which Billy tries to teach the Hoove to be responsible by getting him a series of pets to take care of, ranging from a Siamese fighting fish to a goat. Things get pretty crazy with all the weird pets reacting to a ghost. The fourth GHOST BUDDY is called NEVER DANCE WITH A HAIRY BUFFALO, and we’re writing that right now. Can you hear us laughing? That’s because it’s so funny!