With the summer comes the heat, meaning this mama dreads the thought of heating up the oven to make dinner. I’m also a busy mama, so crock pot meals are always appealing to me! I wanted a quick, easy, cooler way to cook some chicken for dinner, so the crock pot was the way to go. Chicken soft tacos are SO easy anyway, but throwing the chicken in the crock pot makes it even easier. Here’s a great, flavorful recipe for the chicken, which shreds so easy after being in the crock pot all day!
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2- 10¾ oz cans nacho cheese soup OR 2- 10¾ oz cans cheese soup and 1- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- Small tortillas, soft taco size
- Desired condiments/fixin's for tacos, such as
- diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- chopped cilantro
- chopped onion
- chopped avocado
- pineapple chunks
- shredded cheese
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Pour both cans of soup (and can of green chilies if applicable) over chicken.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 4-5 hours.
- Remove from crock pot and place in large bowl. Shred chicken using 2 forks, poking and pulling away in opposite directions.
- Add a little of the juices from the crock pot into the chicken to moisten and add additional flavor.
- Create your soft taco and enjoy!
Shared on these awesome blogs/link parties: Food on Friday,