I had to come up with something different for the pork roast we had in our freezer because we were getting tired of the same ol’ thing. I wanted something that required little time and effort on my part; what better option than to throw it in the crock pot?! My husband wanted stir fried veggies and pot stickers with dinner, so this is what I made to go with it. Served over rice made it even better!
- 1 (4-5 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger (I'd have used fresh if I had it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, then pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads in internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Slice roast, serve over rice.
- Skim fat from cooking juices, drizzle juice over pork and serve.
Shared on these awesome blogs/link parties: Food on Friday, Crockpot Thursdays