I received the following product free from BzzAgent for review purposes.
Carbs are my friend. Okay, they aren’t a friend of my waistline, but they are certainly a friend of my taste buds. Carbs in any form are my friend, but when we’re talking non-dessert foods I especially love pasta. At least once a week I make a pasta dish for dinner, so I was so excited to be able to try the new HemisFares Pasta available exclusively at the Kroger Co. Family of Stores. The Kroger Co. Family of Stores has just launched their NEW HemisFares line, putting authentic regional specialties within reach- without the need to fly halfway around the world! We received the Long Pasta Spirals noodles to give us an idea of how delicious the new HemisFares line is.
First off, aren’t they FUN?! They taste fantastic, but the spiral shape made them fun to eat. The kids specifically talked about how fun they were, and my normally picky children (2 out of the 4) didn’t even complain once. Sure, the meal was delicious, but we all know the real reason the kids loved dinner- it looked fun, and that’s what’s really important! 🙂
As mentioned above, I make pasta every week. Normally I’ll buy the cheaper pasta because I’ve found that it tastes good and we’re happy with it. However, not all brands are created equal and I’ve experienced firsthand how fantastic HemisFares pasta tastes. And did I happen to mention how fun these Pasta Spirals are? Delicious AND fun?! Can’t beat that combination!
Since we had this new pasta to try I decided I needed to make a new recipe. I love this because it’s a one pot recipe, meaning less dishes. And with a family of 6 there are rare moments when I can get away with making a meal and not having a pile of dishes before and after. One pot for this meal?! Yeah baby!
You’ll see in some of the photos that I added grilled chicken to it. My husband is your typical man- he wants meat for his dinner. So while the kids and I would be fine with just the pasta, I went ahead and added grilled chicken to the dish and we were all happy. Feel free to add your favorite meat- perhaps sausage or shrimp!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk, or more, as needed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 16 ounces uncooked pasta (I used new HemisFares Long Spiral Noodles)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley leaves- for garnish
- Red Pepper Flakes- for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, milk, butter, oregano, and pasta.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked through, about 18-20 minutes. Stir in Parmesan. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and red pepper flakes, if desired.